I just realized I wash down my cholesterol-lowering supplements with Diet Coke most nights.
This is America 💪
Livin' La Vida Luna y Luca
Kickball and swings. Summer is finally here.
This week I posted my most popular tweet ever.
- 114K views
- 290 likes
- 200 comments
- 62 New Followers
- 20 retweets
I did not expect that type of response to a tweet based on a newsletter I wrote a few months ago.
Here's my best guess as to how/why it happened.
If you're trying to achieve virality on Twitter, here are the table stakes:
1) Become a paying member of Twitter Blue. I happily send $8/mo to the Bank of Elon.
Although he is often cringeworthy, I still think Musk is the greatest entrepreneur of this generation. I'm more than happy to support his endeavors.
I was also a day 1 reservation holder for the Model 3: 1 of ~1 million people that gave Elon a $1,000 interest-free loan for 2 years to build out the production line.
2) Post every day. I use an app called Tweet Hunter to schedule my posts in advance.
Tweet Hunter has a bunch of cool features that make my production process much simpler.
- Provides inspiration in the form of Tweets that outperform
- Allows you to rapidly engage with the accounts you follow
3) Consume to produce. I try to have a producer's mindset when I'm scrolling through my Twitter feed.
I'm trying to take note of what makes a tweet popular or what makes a tweet (from a popular creator) flop.
In general, it comes down to having a novel or contrarian perspective + an invitation to engage.
Sifting Through The Dust
The comments section on this post was pleasantly surprising.
There were a few takeaways for me. In no particular order, they were:
Somehow I lost sight of Rules #1-3 of Real Estate: Location, Location, Location. This was a good reminder.
Some people think more debt is an acceptable answer. Pro-tip: It's not.
This guy hit the nail on the head.
This isn't a "cashflow" issue as much as it is a Property Management issue.
We've had bad luck with non-paying tenants, but that should be fixed in the next 60 days.
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush.
Some people have no idea how big a Billion is. Or this guy believes in me 1,000x more than I believe in myself.
- Million seconds comes out to about 11 days.
- Billion seconds comes out to about 31 years.