Home sweet home.
Livin' La Vida Luna y Luca
Luca finally got to meet his abuelo.
Back in Action
It's 8:00 pm, Saturday, July 22nd, 2023.
We got up at 4:30a (CST) to catch an 08:30a flight home. The kids did well - both slept for ~2 of the 4.5 hour flight.
The other 2.5 hours was squirm city.
The only thing I want to do right now is go to sleep, but no - the SSSshow must go on.
After being away for 15(!) days, there's a lot to catch up on.
This post will serve as my checklist for the upcoming week.
- Unpack (Dia's doing this right now)
- Grocery shopping (tomorrow morning)
- Laundry (ongoing)
- Car Detail (Monday / Tuesday depending on weather)
- Gym (5x this week)
- Delete IG & Twitter apps (Monday)
- Reinstall MyFitnessPal app (Monday)
- Go through email (Monday / Tuesday)
- Go through physical mail (Tuesday/Wednesday)
- Chili Eggs lunch with the boys - GDS + MC
- Barbieheimer (Wed/Fri)
- *Adjust flight for vacation in October from 7 days to 4 days
*I was genuinely excited to get away for 15 days when we booked our trip to Mexico. But around day 5 or 6, I started to become antsy. It was hard for me to enjoy the second half of the trip. I wasn't "homesick" in the traditional sense, but I did really just want to come back home and get back to work.
Let's just hit this by property...
- Fund account with working capital to meet month-end obligations
- Withdraw loan application from Kiavi after they killed us on valuation.
- Find a new DSCR lender to refinance into long-term fixed-rate debt (if you have someone - pls lmk)
- Bump-up draw inspection from Friday to Wednesday
- Tenant lockout on Monday
- Schedule handyman walk-through to get the unit rent ready
- List for rent by the end of the month
- Follow up w/ Lawyer about other tenant eviction - we were granted a default judgment, but the tenant is appealing. 😩
- No news is good news 😅
- Sign a new insurance policy
- Finish Backyard (seed + hay)
- Finish Railings
- Finish Trim (Kitchen, Laundry, Basement, Dining)
- Finish Countertops (Laundry, Basement, Powder)
- Finish Replacing Sidewalk
- Finish Tile (complete niche boxes)
- Continue Masonry (Driveway, Front Steps, Rear Patio)
- Finish Plumbing (Fixtures)
- Finish Electric (Fixtures)
- Finalize Fence bid (Engineer to place stakes for left property line)
^ That's this week, only! 😳
An Oz. of Prevention
is worth a pound of cure.
OK - it's 9:00 pm - Just spent an hour "planning out" my week.
I'll probably check off everything I'm responsible for by EOD Tuesday and then micro-manage other people into oblivion.
So good to be back.
🤔 ... wonder if we have any cereal. 🥣