Let's try something new.
I usually write about what happened in the past week.
This time, I'll tell you about what I'm looking forward to.
Livin' La Vida Luna y Luca
Grandpa and Luna compete for who gets to feed Luca.
The Future is Bright
Here are the 3 biggest things I'm looking forward to this week:
- New Construction Tour
- Closing in Philly
- Date Night
New Construction Tour:
A few weeks ago, I met an online friend in real life.
Dalwin and I are both a part of a community called CCF (Create Cashflow).
I joined shortly after reading this eBook: How 20 Investors Closed $32M Worth of Deals in 2 Years
I've been in CCF for about a year and although I've made some money from the methods taught in the program, I always knew the real value would come from building relationships and ultimately partnering with other members.
The first time Dalwin and I met, we toured one of his fix-and-flips in Oakland, NJ.
This time, Dalwin is coming to see my new construction project in Chatham.
I'm bringing my P&L and Balance Sheet to show him the numbers behind this deal.
We're still in the "getting to know you" stages, but I'm fully expecting to partner with him on a project by the end of '23.
Closing in Philly
We're finally closing on our next project in Philly: 758 S Front St
Typically, I prefer to close remotely, but I'm overdue for a trip to the City of Brotherly Love.
More importantly, I'm looking forward to the bro-sesh with my partner, Francis.
We have a full morning planned around our 10 am closing:
- 06:00 - Arrive at Fitler Club + Workout
- 07:00 - Steam / Sauna
- 07:30 - Hit The Shower
- 08:00 - Breakfast at Fitler Club
- 09:00 - Tour our existing project (Catharine)
- 10:00 - Closing for Front St
- 11:00 - Tour Front St + Demo Day
- 12:00 - Lunch
- 13:00 - Coffee
- 14:00 - Depart
Dia and I are 2 for 2 on our monthly date nights this year and we just put #3 on the calendar!
February's Date (V-Day)
These dates have been great for us. Mainly because it requires effort.
Unlike our usual routine of plopping into bed after putting the kids down to ultimately continue working or watch Netflix for 2 hours before passing out from exhaustion.
Anyway, we have a few rules for date night:
- Expensive ($$$+ on Yelp)
- Take turns choosing location - Surprise
- Dress Up! No Athleisure Allowed
- Each person brings 1 question and 1 topic to talk about
- Have to order dessert (even if we're stuffed from dinner)
- No Phones! (Pics of food & us are allowed, but must post later)
As the kids grow up, I'm looking forward to these date nights potentially turning into date days or even date weekends.
Video of the Week
At 15K+ views, this is probably my best-performing video of all time.
Hook: My wife and I saved 70% of our income in 2022. Here's exactly how we did it without feeling like we were missing out.
Why I think the hook worked:
- "My wife and I" vs. saying just "I..."
- 70% savings rate is a huge number
- Here's exactly how we did it... - had to keep listening for the formula
- ...Without missing out - some people often think of savings as a sacrifice. I wanted to show it doesn't have to be.